Friday, August 1, 2008

Friends and Family

Well, it's already August. We can't believe how fast this summer has gone. We're so lucky, though, that we've had a chance to spend time with so many of our friends and family!

Daddy is still working really hard. We wish he was around more. But when he is, he often has things to work on... like his surgical logs or presentations. Sometimes, we help (more often, we don't!) Here's Bennett helping Dad with his logs.


Oh, happy Ben just woke up from a little nap (tsk, tsk, Mommy, for letting him sleep on a pillow on the couch!) and found his toes... his favorite toys!


We got the exersaucer out the other day, since Ben's been wanting to stand up and grab and hit things. He LOVES it!


We went up to Lewiston to see some really old friends of Mommy's... the McPartlins. They have known each other for a really long time! My grampa Dave used to work with Rick, and then Grampa, Rick, Mommy, Shannon and Alyson all worked at InteliTouch (with Aunt Jen, Uncle Wally, Uncle Dave, Aunt Melissa and Uncle Cy, too! I just learned a new word... nepotism!) Anyway, Alyson has two sons, Josh and Zack, and Zack sure thought Bennett was neat! He helped a lot!


Here's Alyson and Zack playing with Ben!

Shannon, who is Mommy's age, has a daughter named Alanna, who is 12 1/2... and Shannon looks like she could be her older sister! They look so much alike!
Alanna let me play with her cool heart necklace. Sharron is Alanna's grandma. She's very nice!

Shannon is playing peek-a-boo with me!


Here are the grandmas... Betty, Jackie and Sharron!


Matt is Alyson's husband... he was lots of fun to play with and brought fireworks. Too bad it wasn't dark enough yet!

I asked Grandma Betty to pick me up... then I changed my mind!


Here's a picture of the whole crew... missing are Rick, and Meghann and her husband Chuck. We wish we could have seen them and had more time with the rest! Hope you all enjoyed your Up North vacation!! We miss you!


I wasn't feeling so great the next day when we got home... I had a runny nose and a cough. I laid on the couch for a while and Mommy thought I looked very cute curled up in a ball... I didn't think she looked cute with the camera!

But Bennett was feeling fine and having a great time in his exersaucer!

See this trick I taught Ben? He's stealing Daddy's glasses... without looking! I'm so proud!

How come Daddy and Bennett are sitting in MY chair??

Mommy couldn't resist this cute one of Ben rolling on the floor playing with his feet...

Or this cute one of his bare bottom!

Or this really adorable one of him sleeping in his carseat with his hands behind his head!

Gamma Penny came to stay with us one weekend while Mommy was working. You know Ben loves to sleep in someone's arms, right? You think Gamma's enjoying it??

On Monday, Gamma and I were dressed alike in yellow tops and khaki bottoms! We looked so cute together (although we often do...)

Daddy's so proud... I know how to use the stethoscope (although I can't say it very well...)

Sitting in the Bumbo seat, playing with his toes...

Miss EB and Carolyn came over to play one evening... Dr. Brad was in Africa teaching about God and how to be a good obstetrician (we're glad he's home now!). It was so good to see them! Carolyn loved Bennett... good thing, too, because she's going to be a big sister early next year! Congratulations... being a big sister is fun!

So Bennett got his first veggie... carrots! Don't let that look fool you... he loved them!

Saturday, Daddy was mowing the grass while I was napping and found this little froggy for me! It was so cool! I kept saying "Oh my Goll!" (like Gamma says) and giggling. I sorta wanted to hold it, then I didn't. After a little while, we let him go back home to the pond behind our house. I waved "Bye, Froggy!" and it's nice to know he's still there.

Sunday was a beautiful day so we played outside in the backyard. We got our bathing suits and sunglasses on and set up the umbrella so that Bennett didn't get too much sun. I was supposed to wear my hat, but I wouldn't keep it on. But how cool does Ben look in his sunglasses? (By the way, they only stayed on for a little while, then he chewed on them!)

Mommy, Bennett and me in the pool. I loved squirting and splashing!

Daddy had the whole weekend off, so naturally on Monday he was really really tired. He got home in time for dinner, but fell asleep playing with Ben on the floor. See? Ben is being attacked by Elmo and Daddy's snoring away!


And one more, just to give Daddy a hard time, I'm actually sitting on him, Ben is rolling all over and talking, and Daddy's asleep. Poor Daddy. I know we wear him out! But we sure love it when he's home!



Well, not much else is new here. Everyone is doing pretty well... Ben's growing like a weed and claps his hands now. He has a lot to say. So do I, for that matter. Anyway, I gotta go take a nap. Hope you are well. Mom's going to try to do a Kodak Gallery upload soon and send out the link in case you want to order some photos...

See you soon!
Love, Mollee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys have so much fun!!!